Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Random Atom


IF I WANT TO be a part of Anima Mundi, all I have to do is "to be".

For its everywhere, all the time: Here and Now.

I am but a single link in this multi dimensional chain.
Like a strand of grass standing in the wind, swaying with the wave one way or another.
Dancing at the ripples. Obeying.

The chain is infinite.

I am but one of many millions of billions – a random atom – among billions of galaxies with their infinitude of Stars and Solar systems.
In all directions and dimensions.

The wave originates from somewhere – from here, there, perhaps at the centre of the Universe.
Or perhaps from my this intermediate mind role-playing Anima Mundi at the immediate and temporal point in time. Here at this micro moment, gone the very next.

The wave is the carrier of the "cause" to which the mind, body and soul reacts. Sometimes the wave *is* the cause.
As wave traverses through the complex maze of this chain of universe each of its links react with it.
As it passes by me, as I face it in that temporal moment the mind, body and soul accepts the wave and unites with its swaying.
Though at other times it simply rejects the wave and turns away from it

The dual states of being.

The choice is with the the link: take it or leave it – the simplest decisions that fill every minute, hour, day and life.

A random choice.
Of the duality.

Black & White.
Love & Hate.
Light & Dark.

Liberation lies in choicelessness.

Singularity.

React, not relate. Neither oppose, not reject. Just be. Let it be.

The whole Universe becomes I. The chain is I.
The link is here, now.
The link before was this past second, or the last hour, or yesterday, my childhood, the birth before.
The link after is tomorrow, the next fall, the next relationship, the next Armageddon, the next Nirvana.


"Time" then is the "speed" at which the cause travels.

What matters is this very link – this mind, body, soul – at this instance – this precise tiny, personal, temporal, insignificant state of being.

Not the one before; nor the one after.

At this very instance, I have arrived in the future as it were yesterday, and which would be past the very next instance.

I be in all the three states thus.

The Random Atom faces duality. Yet again.

Liberation lies in choicelessness.

The centre of Anima Mundi is choiceless.
Formless. Flawless. Wordless.

The future is born there. I can see it. As I close my eyes. Flames. For the Link before and after are in my dreams. Imaginations. Perceptions. Expectations. Reflections.

And as I create it, the Random Atom reflects that centre.

That is I:
- A Random Atom.

That is you, too.

PS: A dear fellow 'Atom' named Shanti recently pointed to a link to the verses of Faith Mind by The 3rd Zen Patriarch, Sengstau. The similarity of message and method startled me! Thank you, Shanti.